Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Former opera singer and now Sinatra singer wants to start recording covers

Hi group, my name is Steve Cardone, and I am excited to find this group. I want to start doing covers for Youtube videos, and I have no idea which equipment to buy. I need everything, and any help would be greatly appreciated. If you are a Sinatra fan, here is one of my covers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLlYT1xwu2k

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Sounds close to the real thing! I guess you used someone else's equipment for this? Because I don't think you need anything else if it's your own gear, it already sounds quality. Have a look in the gear and equipment category to see what people are suggesting to buy.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    As for video equipment, a smart phone that has at least 1080 hd capabilities and a cheap vlogging starter kit with a light and tripod ect is enough to get going.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sounds pretty impressive man.

it depends on your needs, you can record the voice with the mic on the camera, or with a high-end studio chain, and anything in between, and you can spend anything from a few hundreds to going all out.

also, it depends on which room you work in, does it support studio quality recordings? can you do some modifications to the room (like foam sheets on the wall, some form of curtain, etc). if it is a reverb-y sounding room, you might be better off with a stage mic (a dynamic microphone like shure 58 for example). it does not pick up so much crap from the room.

if you specify we can be more precise. maybe post a link of some video where the quality is similar to your expectations?
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    A mic condenser or dynamic, cables, some sort of interface to digitize your audio. A computer with recording software (daw). Headphones and the knowledge to work all that stuff plus everything else everyone said
  • La_RoccaLa_Rocca Member Posts: 2
    Really nice! I'll bet you played some gigs with that stuff!