Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Out of Touch - My attempt

Ken did a great takedown of this killer song last week. Thought I'd give it a shot with some of his tips. I'm trying to keep up with Daryl's velocity but dude is a vocal gymnast going compressed then soft and back and forth, you can hear my tiredness through some pitch issues as we get closer to the bridge where I chose to fade out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgbpmI9n0ww&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=MattMendoza

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You started to flow much better in the chorus, I reckon you've got the skills to get this much better if you gave it more time.
  • Options
    gravity84gravity84 Member Posts: 10
    Wigs said:

You started to flow much better in the chorus, I reckon you've got the skills to get this much better if you gave it more time.

Thanks for the feedback! Idk why but the second verse seems so much more pitchy to me than the first. Am I crazy or is the energy making up for it or what? Maybe I need to calibrate my performance energy acceptability threshold.
  • Options
    NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42
    I appreciate how obvious you made the jump cut! Lots of people try their best to make everyone think something's one take, my favourites are the bad lip syncing ones! Anyway, nothing to be said really, that hasn't already been said. Great job and thanks for your honesty!
  • Options
    Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Good job. The chorus sounded very good.