Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Need Help!!! Don't know what to do!

So my name is Scott, please call me Lance as that is my nickname. But anyways I am lost, I am ready to give up, and am so upset. So November I had to have Rotator cuff, bicep, and scapula repair surgery. Prior to the surgery I was making amazing progress even my wife was like "Wow, you are beginning to sound really good."Post op, I noticed my throat was really sore, raw, and was bleeding from the tube they use when they put you under. I would cough and blood would speckle my hand or tissue. So now, when I tried to start back up, about a week ago to give my vocal cord time to heal, I notice my voice hits some pitch or volume, and I lose my voice and it like jumps when I force more air to get my voice to come back. I am scared my vocal cords where ruined, I want to sing. Also my voice is so flat too, seems like one pitch or one tone. I am so heart broken about this.

My wife is trying to be encouraging and optimistic, she is like what if now you have that whiskey, blues sound you always wanted, and all of a sudden you have this amazing voice. I told her, "I wish."

Guys, please I don't want to not do this, I want to continue. I need help

Your friend,
Lance

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This sounds far too complicated to give you proper advice except for to see a professional ENT to help diagnose what's going on.

If there is still damage you may need more rest. If you are actually healed but extremely weak in your throat and need to gradually build strength, then consider Ken's vocal repair course. Definately see a professional before doing anything else that might damage you further.
  • LTPugLTPug 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    No the throat is healed now, no more blood, not sore, no more mucus, it just I fear the tube they stick in your throat distoryed my vocal cords. Am seeking advice on how to more forward and if anyone has any other experiences and have advice on this. But I didn't know he has a vocal repair course, I'll look into that.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I'll tag @doc_ramadani , he is our resident medical expert but it could be some time before he reads this since he's really busy helping out with the whole covid 19 emergency.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    I sometimes have a wobble caused by that my old vocal coach said to do those puppy whining sound five times a day for 30 seconds at a time. I haven’t been real good about doing them