Home Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
Options

C2-C6? Is that possible for a tenor?

AlaeMortisAlaeMortis Member Posts: 9
So, a few friends and I have been trying to work out what this singer's natural range is, and whether he's a natural baritone who learned how to expand his upper register through practice or a natural tenor with a wide range.

One person labelled him as a countertenor because he can hit high notes.
A singer friend of mine thinks he's definitely not a tenor because he lacks that ring (and his lower register is better).

A few things to note:

- He has mentioned wanting to sing high so he practiced extending the upper range
- He has stated that he notices a weak spot in his voice around the B4 mark, and made a note of getting tired around that note
- He has mentioned he can sing from the open E string on guitar up to the B below the High C
- A vocal coach on YouTube has described him as 'bariton-y because he sounds quite full, but still high'

Three recent clips
(I've already marked where to start the clip)

1st one

2nd one

3rd clip

4th clip

What do you think? Personally, I'd assume he was a tenor of some type with a strong mid to low register. Sometimes I feel like those high notes aren't coming so easily, but I'm no expert. That being said, I do think he sounds best on the lower end.

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Not all the clips are of the person singing. It's certainly possible to achieve that range, but depending on where you start from and physical attributes of your vocal tract, even if you work very hard you may still not achieve this as a usable range. 4 octaves is alot and most tenors as far as I'm aware sit around 3.