Homeβ€Ί Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

What I should work on (link removed)

Hey there! Hope you're all doing fine!

I appreciated getting some advice from you on how I should work to improve my first lead vocal.

Many thanks for sharing your opinion!

Comments

• Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Soundcloud said the track isn’t available anymore
  • Options
    PhMarnePhMarne 2.0 PRO Posts: 201
    edited March 2021
    Thank you @sjonrokz4u !

The updated link is working right now...
    Come on, guys! Is this vocal so lame that you daren't tell me there's nothing but flaws in it ?
    There has to be some way to improve them, though...
  • Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @PhMarne,

The track you've posted doesn't have any music, just the vocal. So it is a bit hard to give feedback on if you are in pitch with the music.

Regarding technique, I think support could be better, and it sounds like you your larynx is coming up a bit high when you go for some of the high notes and it pinches off the sound a bit. Try lowering your larynx a bit and using your soft palate to get to the high notes.
    I did a post recently that points to a couple of timestamps in the Volume 1 videos where Ken demonstrates this. It is really cool you can actually see his soft palate go up in stages as he moves up in pitch.
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/comment/84489/#Comment_84489

Also in this post there is a cool vid that might help you with visualizing support:
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/comment/84437/#Comment_84437

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    Hello there 😊

First I want to ask you, how does this feel? To me you sound tence, especially on the higher notes. If that is correct I would recommend you to wait some time with singing this type of songs. When you strain it's easy to oversing and dry out your vocalcords. I can see you are a member, but you haven't bought the course yet? If so I hope you take the next step and do so. Following this course step by step will help you to get the right support and open up the troath so you can sing without straining.

You have a nice tone her and there, so I think you have great potential πŸ‘
  • Options
    PhMarnePhMarne 2.0 PRO Posts: 201
    @codeowl @heidianita

Thanks a lot for the precious advice on support, lowering the larynx, engaging the soft palate, persistence in opening the throat, and following the course :smile:

I will gratefully do all that

Thanks again!