Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Larynx fatigue after Covid-19

Piotr85Piotr85 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 18
edited February 2021 in Vocal Health and Wellness
Hello. Did anyone experience voice fatigue/tired long weeks after Covid-19? I warm up a little, sing for a while and my muscles are tired. I have never experienced anything like this. Overall I feel fine, only my larynx is acting weird.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I've haven't caught it, so I'm unsure but I've heard that the effects as varied as they are can linger for several months, including scarring inside your lungs 🙁
  • 5050BluSam5050BluSam 2.0 PRO Posts: 7
    I’m also recovering from COVID. How are your energy levels it could be they are low and that will affect the amount of time you can sing? It seems to go for either your weak organs and muscles that you use a lot. I would limit your singing to short 10 mins or whatever still feels comfortable and then increase the time. Be strict with yourself it’s so easy to say I’ll sing for 10 mins and an hour later you’re still working on something.
  • Raphael_HusslRaphael_Hussl 2.0 PRO Posts: 159
    @Piotr85
    Hello Piotr,
    I don't know very much about the symptoms and long term consequences but I have already been asking myself a similar question. I'm not really sure but I was wondering if I maybe could have had a very mild case of COVID without even noticing it right in the beginning when it started. The reason why I was thinking about it, was because I remember that back in a time before it all had started, I felt like I was in great condition and I could go jogging for about four miles or longer without having to pause, but then in summer last year I had a few experiences, one while I was jogging and another one while playing soccer with a few friends, where I had only been running for a very short time and immediately felt as if my lungs were burning like fire, which I had never experienced before.

I'm not so sure if my singing is also affected but it could be, because I didn't notice any more growth for quite some time now and your description that your voice feels tired after only a short time also sounds very familiar to me.

We have one member here on the forum who maybe can tell you a little more about this, because @doc_ramadani is a medical doctor and has also treated COVID patients.
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    edited March 2021
    Fatigue can be from many reasons not only covid
    Think about the checkmarks
    Are u breathing
    Are u doing your vocal warm ups
    Are u hyderated
    How is your mood if you are depress then it might lead to in your voice

Even if any reason I recommend
    If you feel fatigue take a rest
    Take a nap for an hour and then try again
    Also try some lyrangial massage
    Hope it helps
    Happy singing
  • rickhodge88rickhodge88 STREAMING PRO Posts: 16
    I've had Covid twice and now I have what feels like vocal cord paralysis. Any note that I try to hit makes my throat feel like it's seizing up. Has anybody else had this issue? I literally can't sing a note over maybe the lowest of bass notes.