Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

hey brothers and sister

i have started somehow again my practice of vocals and after a gap of almost 10 days or 11 my , vocals seem really caged specially my chest voice and lower tone, actually my chest voice was really weak before and i sing mostly in my mix and fallsetto but after i started my practice hard to fix my chest voice as ken said that first you have to build foundation and then you will build a robust voice and strong head voice but right now my vocals are really tight in chest voice its like i have to push really high although my support is strong but my chest voice is becomes really weak and i thing its becuase i stopped singing and practice for 11 days before........and one more thing what i have been feeling its like I HAVE WEAK RESONANCE IN MY CHEST VOICE AND THATS WHY I HAVE TO PUSH TO HARD TO SING AND GETTING OUT OF BREATH .....IAM PRACTICING AGAIN KEN TAMPLIN EXERCISE OF HOW TO RACK YOUR CHEST VOICE BUT IM REALLY SCARED FOR MY VOCALS, because if my chest voice is not strong then my mix and head voice will also get weak so please suggest me how can i get in shape as i was before and also i had some infections in mu throat in last month thx

Answers

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    I’m not sure what volume you’ve been working, but you may want to go back to the starter workouts for a while. When those become comfortable progress to volume 1 and so forth. Gradually ease back into the more demanding workouts. You may also want to post bridging and chest-stretching “lah” triads to get feedback on where you can improve technique. Be sure to have Ken and/or the piano guide playing softly in the background for pitch reference and post the whole scale, ascending and descending, not just a snippet. I’ll also add that you may want to review vowel modifications. Remember these are your “safety valves” as you ascend the scales and are designed to help you maintain good open-throat technique.
    I’m sorry. I just noticed you don’t have a “student” account. So some of my recommendations might not make sense to you. Do you have the course? Have you been following Ken’s exercises on YouTube?
  • sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
    RandyB i am actually following ken on youtube and doing thier exercises since 2 months, if you have anything pls suggest me thx
    I’ll tag some of the moderators. I don’t want to overstep bounds by expounding on topics covered more thoroughly in the course in the “General” section of the forum. I don’t think I’d be overstepping though by saying you might want to practice the lip burble with a candle a few inches from your lips and try not to extinguish it. It may help with airflow management. @wigs @doc_ramadani @Elara @highmtn