Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

How sing/belt without disturbing neighbours

Ken Tamplin and people in the forums :) if u don't mind me asking how do I practice/warm up and belt without making my neighbours mad because I'm a student and I live in an apartment and it's hard to practice when I feel the fear of me annoying my neighbours. I know there is alot of vids on YouTube ard but I would like to hear your take on it if u don't mind. Tq(I'm not sure if this is a right place to post this but I'm still new to the forums and figuring it out sry :/)

Comments

• skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    What about the neighbours
    Did they complaint ?
    If yes find a new place may be a church or your school or any place where there are less people
    Go to any garden
    You can go early in the morning or at evening or at night at these time mostly less people come around
    If they are not complaining keep practicing and forget what they are thinking just keep on focusing on your singing

I know it's not A great answer
    But you cannot learn belting or singing by thinking what others might think or feel
    Hope it helps
  • TI89TI89 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 2
    Hey Melvin
    I always use pillow. It is not as effective as I would have thought but it helps. Ken also mentioned using a pillow somwhere in his pitch videos.
    With a bit of luck you can talk to your neighbours and work out a practice time, so they are informed and less likely to be annoyed.
    Good luck!
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @MelvinChan,

Hey mate, really you want somewhere you can be alone and focus on the detail of technique, being able to record, play back, take notes etc...

Is there a room at your school that you may be able to ask if you can use after hours or when not in use for a couple of hours, where you can close the door and go for practice? We have a small store room where I work that I used to warm up before jamming with the other guys, which we do in the conference room after work. Maybe you could find a room like this at your school and get permission to use it.

Is there a local community center, or sports center you could approach to see if there is a room you could use?

Do you have any relatives nearby that have a spare room you could use?
    Maybe you could even offer to do some chores in exchange for using the room...

Do you know anyone that has a shed at their home that you could clear out some space in, even if it doesn't have electricity you can take a rechargeable battery lantern and rug up with some warm clothes.

Maybe there is a business in town you could barter with for use of one of their rooms after hours.

Regards,

Scotty