Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

First cover

I've only started playing and singing a little bit in the last few months I've also watched @Ken Tamplin s videos which have guided me alot. I'm thinking about covering the full song of free fallin by John Mayer and originally by Tom Petty. I tried out the first verse I'm still working on the falsetto in the chorus though and it needs a bit of work.

Here is a sample of the first verse.
https://youtu.be/c_agVPsleC8

Comments

• skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    Great I cannot believe it's your first cover
    I think you are on the right track
    I just hate that it was very little
    Next time I would to hear the whole song
    I loved it
    Keep singing
  • JethroDavisonJethroDavison Member Posts: 28
    @skv123159 thank you. I've played and sung by myself and in front of friends about 5 months back which didn't go well I only had just started singing and playing at the same time so I wasn't close to confident at all and messed it up from the nerves. but this is the first video I've posted of me doing it. I'll definitely do more then one verse on the next one.
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    Well It takes a lot of guts to sing even in front of friends
    Sure I will be waiting to hear the full song
    Keep singing
    @skv123159 definitely just needs some practice and getting used to
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Nice job, my man! And with continued practice I’m sure you’ll improve. Until you can purchase the full program—and I can’t recommend it enough—work the exercises Ken has posted on YouTube. Be sure to try to emulate him as closely as possible. You’ve already got a nice warmth to your tone, but you do sound slightly breathy and your pitch was flat on a few notes. This could partly because you’re seated and have a guitar in front of your belly; both of these will diminish your ability to diaphragmatically support.
    @RandyB yeah playing and singing has come with great struggle it seems to deteriorate both of them a little when I do both at the same time, especially with my guitar playing. I'm not so sure if breathy is a good thing. I kinda enjoy the sound. But if it's something people aren't keen on then I'll stop the slightly breathy sound.

I also for some reason find it difficult to sing John Mayers songs. I'm not sure if it's because I'm tryna keep up with the playing or the tone of his voice.
  • kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    Not bad~! For Tom Petty, try singing it with a wide smile. Then belt it out~!