Home› GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Falsetto in pitch

Does anyone have any advice in getting falsetto in pitch. I always seem to hit the note way to sharp when going into falsetto. The higher notes seem to come easier but the mid and lower side in falsetto I seem to struggle with and if I am getting them they often sound breathy. I also seem to hear it alot less high then it sounds when I record my falsetto.

Comments

• DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Hi there.... I'm not sure if you have the course or not... What I can tell you is that the Head Voice / "falsetto", is a register that takes specific excersises to achieve 2 important things: A bright sound (so it doesn't sound breathy), and to hit several notes spot on. When developed, it has a nice bright strong kind of sound similar as the chest voice tone, only that you can hit the high notes and not sound breathy, also you can hit every note on pitch. (think the Bee Gees)

I don't know any specific technique or quick tip to achieve this.... In the course, there is a whole volume (Vol 4) labeled "Head Voice", which has specific routines to be practiced daily, for at least 1/2 hour daily, that grow this register in a matter of weeks, maybe some months. But, in order to get to that volume, it's important to have mastered Vols 1, 2 & 3 first, which usually take several months depending on your progress... This is because what is learned in the first 3 volumes, act as a foundation on top of which the head voice will be built; without that foundation, the head voice cannot be developed, it depends exclusively on developing the muscles that previous volumes build in order to start its development. It's just how it works..

I would love to help you with some tip, but nothing comes to my mind, Head Voice / Falsetto really needs to be worked on the way it's designed in the course through specific steps, it's a process...

Maybe some colleague could provide with some tips..

Wish you the best!
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    edited April 2021

May be this might help
    The falsetto takes time
    But it's very important to first build a strong strooooonnnngggg chest voice and check whether you are relaxed and supporting with breath
    But as in vedio it is said rather than forcing the air look for brightness
    Hope it helps
    Happy singing
  • JethroDavisonJethroDavison Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2021
    @DannyOc3an Yeah I've been meaning to get the course, life's just been crazy during corona. I still haven't started practicing I've just been playing some songs on guitar and signing to them. But otherwise I've only gone as far as watching Ken's videos and looking at these forums.
  • JethroDavisonJethroDavison Member Posts: 28
    @skv123159 Yeah I really need to start building up power. I've still got a long way to go with things 😂