Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

“Pieces of Dreams” Demo

RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
I’ve decided to share this with the group. I’m rather proud of this performance and that I was able to do this in a single take. For those who haven’t “met” me, I’ve been using the KTVA program for 16 mos. I moved to Volume 2 at the beginning of the year. Any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. @Wigs @Elara @doc_ramadani @highmtn @Chris82 @shining @jmstanle @heidianita @Rick_amateur @sjonrokz4u @Vocality

Enjoy,
Randy

https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2547129935_3960924856

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @RandyB,

Great work!!. The suspense of that last note, I was on the edge of my seat thinking how long can he hold this with that consistency, nice tone and subtle hints of vibrato in there at times, ending with a nice full vibrato, really impressive mate ;-)

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    Thanks for listening, Scotty. I need to keep practicing that note to really nail consistent pitch and vibrato. I think it wavered a bit, but I timed it...it’s a 34 second note! 😯 I desperately wanted to sustain it until the music ended. 🙏

Happy singing,
    Randy
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Great job! Sounds nice and solid.
    Again a song I don´t know so I can´t really tell how good you " nailed" it :) But it sounds like a musical song to me?

• Options
    @shining I believe it is from a movie of the same name. The composer is Michel LeGrand, and I wasn’t familiar with this song either. Someone on Facebook posted a video of Johnny Mathis singing this song on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1978 and said that Carson considered this performance the finest performance on the show in the 30 years he hosted it. I fell in love with the performance and wanted to give it a shot. Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Great tone! Last note ,wow!!
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    Hey Randy,

wow, wow WOOOOOOOW!

Man, you can be proud of this. Great tone and really impressive performance. I can hear some nice mix voice usage here and there. You are on the highway to great singing, Randy.

Kudos, mate.

Doc
  • Options
    @sjonrokz4u Thanks for listening! I’m working the program, brother. Still some things I want to clean up in this performance, but I’ve come a long way from when I started diligently practicing 8 mos ago.

@doc_ramadani Thanks for listening! The boost of confidence and acknowledgement that I’m progressing really fuels my fire to keep working hard. I appreciate the kind words.
  • Options
    heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    edited March 2021
    Just like @doc_ramadani says... WOW! This was perfectionism! I couldnt hear anything "to clean up" here. Its a live performance. This was very, very good. You should be proud!
  • Options
    @heidianita Thank you so much. I think the biggest issue is the final note. Keeping the pitch stable and relaxing into a natural vibrato is still a big hurdle. It’s getting there though. I can’t wait to hear my progress on this in another 6 mos. I appreciate your kind words and I’m glad you enjoyed my performance.
  • Options
    jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    Wow - that lasting last note! You are making great progress and building lots of strength! Your tone is so good for this type of song too. Really great work!
  • Options
    FretlessTheBardFretlessTheBard 2.0 PRO Posts: 92
    Wow, nice work, dude! Always a pleasure hearing you sing.

Right at the beginning I got a hint of a Neil Diamond sound. Have you covered any of his stuff? I think you'd do him justice.
  • Options
    @jmstanle Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.
    @FretlessTheBard Thanks! I’m a big Neil Diamond fan and I’ve sung several of his songs.