Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Linkin Park 'The Messenger' COVER

A cover of Linkin Park's 'The Messenger' I did. I've tried to cover this a few times but couldn't. I just tried again and I think I'm comfortable enough this time to share it. How do you think I did?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13hXLBqFNts

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Jwal,

Not to shabby at all mate, I liked it! For the most part pitch sounded pretty good to me. Your timing was great and I think the song was a good choice and suited your style. (I've not heard this one before, tis a nice tune).

Good work on this one mate :wink: .

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
    It takes a lot of courage to take on Chester! 👍
    I gotta say I love what you did. I love your tone, it suits the song and I gotta say the way you sing it, you’re taking better care of your voice doing it.
    You’ve inspired me to add this to my ‘try it out’ list.
    I’d almost go so far to say that I prefer you singing this to Chester, uhoh I better hide from the comments 😬

I’d love to hear you do “one more light’
    Awesome work!
  • Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @codeowl

Thanks a lot Scotty! I have been practicing this song for a while now. Linkin Park has a bunch of gems in their discography that I want to cover eventually. I don't know if I'll ever be able to match Chester's intensity though.

Thanks!
  • Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @Matsy

Oh wow you are too kind! Chester is a big inspiration for me, though I have a much lower register than he did so matching him completely would be rather challenging. I'm so glad you liked it and really appreciate the compliment! I would love to hear you cover this as well, please do and share!
    I actually did a cover to one more light a couple months ago, though I could probably do it better now since I believe I have improved, so I may just take you up on that!

Thanks again!