Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

New Student 2 days ago from Southern California

michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
Hey everyone my name is Michael and I joined because I want to sing lead vocals occasionally for my acoustic duo. I have a talented lead vocalist and I play the guitar, but I want to be able to give him a break and sing some songs lead.

I used to not even be able to sing 1 note on pitch comfortably. My throat would hurt mid-song. Also, I have a quieter weaker voice that I have been slowly building.

I am committed to singing daily. It would be the coolest thing to be able to play guitar great AND sing great. Many want, but I hardly know anyone who can! So excited.

Here is a video my acoustic duo just recorded for YouTube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dojfjjrqAg&list=RD2dojfjjrqAg&start_radio=1

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome!

Very nice video, great guitar playing, chemistry and performance! Thank you for sharing! :)

We're always here at the forum to help you out or just to chat. KTVA is a journey, and a little help can go a long way. So my advice: don't hesitate to ask things here and upload audio of yourself doing the exercises. Many questions about technique, the program etc. have already been asked here, which you can find in their own category on the forum.

All the best to you, and hope to see you around here,

Ben
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Michael, welcome to the forum! nice performance!
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Follow the course and you can get there! Not straight away but in 6 months you could find a noticeable improvement and should have more confidence in your abilities and understand your limitations. After a couple years you will be well on your way 👍🏼
  • Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @michaelmusic,

Welcome to the forum mate. Really nice song! You will learn the techniques in the course and here that enable you hold long notes like the singer in the vid above with a nice even tone, and get that bright sound. The vocalist in your duo sounds awesome, and your guitar work is really nice too. I am looking forward to seeing/hearing your progress.

Regards,

Scotty