Home Recording Techniques and Gear

How can I get the origina track of a song removing the voice

Hello friends! I would really like to dig deepor in some ways to extract the voice out of a song.

So I will be able to practice with the track. Also analyse the voice naked.

Also way of getting good versions of the tracks.

I've seen how artificial inteligence decomose the drums, gutiars and chorus and really amazed me.

Your knowledge about this would be of much value.

Greetings form Montevideo.

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    YouTube has a ton of karaoke tracks also for three or four dollars karaokeversion.com has a huge catalog and you can have whatever vocals or instrument on or off the recording. You can hear samples of it before you buy
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited March 2021
    there are "tricks" how you can cancel the center of a recording, you need some audio editing program, and it won't be perfect. but apparently the new version of cubase has some tool for it that is apparently pretty advanced, haven't used it though
  • skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    Yes there are softwares may be audacity (I had not used )
    Or you can directly go online and type free vocal extractor online
    Get the songs MP3 version then put in the online site it will extract it
    I cannot say about the quality but it might do the trick
  • GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
    I produce by myself a lot of backing tracks through a good devocalization method I developed putting together 3 softwares and various acoustic principles:

Izotope RX8 to create 3 files:
    1 devocalized track (is a good starting point as it eliminate almost any vocal and something little bit more as some distorted guitar)
    2 Vocal track (is the complementary track of the first one adding the two in instrumental parts recreate completely the sound)
    3 Choir track (applying the principle of center extract to the vocal track you could have a track with choirs and backing or second vocals isolated to mix to the first one)

Once put the three tracks in Reaper (or any other DAW) i create the main backing track. Anyway the sound after those elaboration could be a little bit rough. So I put in the master track 2 sessions of VST Izotope Ozone 9 and I use his master assistant a first time to recreate a good sound mix by musical style, and a second one by mastering needs (I use Total Balance preset)

I produced for myself hundreds of backing tracks in this way

If you want the text you can synchronize the text with another software to the original track save in "avi" and put in reaper at zero volume with the backing track and save in avi format.

• INFJINFJ 2.0 PRO Posts: 87
    I tried https://www.lalal.ai. Took Aerosmiths "Dream On" from a live performance and it seems to work well. I can hear a tiny amount of the high scream at the end.The rest is just instrumental. It is good enough to practise with.