Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New old guy joining the journey

crzellcrzell Member Posts: 1
A friend of mine just extended an invite to have me sing in his classic rock trio.

I haven't been singing regularly in forever, and I know that when I did, I was doing it wrong, so I wanted to start getting it right.

I'm 50, so I definitely don't have any illusions of grandeur here. I just want to be able to gain confidence, establish good technique, and do some of these old covers justice. Looking forward to the process!

Comments

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354
    Welcome, @crzell!

There are tons of people here doing the same thing, one step at a time! The important thing is to get started and keep going. Doing it right is half the battle.

Bob
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate 🙂 I reckon just about everyone feels they have started later than they like but the important thing is that you've started now!
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    edited May 2021
    @crzell,

Welcome to the forum mate. I will be 50 this year and have learnt heaps since I started Kens course it has been just brilliant. From the info in the student areas here I have been able to understand the mechanics of how things work which different people here have discussed in great detail, and this has enabled me to really focus on technique in my practice, and be to replicate the breakthroughs I have. There are heaps of great people here to learn from.

Regards,

Scotty
  • Stricky73Stricky73 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5
    Same here bud. I am 48, and need to know I am doing my band a good job. I hope I can learn my way around this site. There is a LOT to learn. As a school teacher who has a lot of teaching experience in this world, i was like, holy crap! Look at all of these lessons! So time to start chippin’ away at the block!!!