Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

New Song _ I'm not just a robot

HumanRobotHumanRobot Member Posts: 246
Hi

this is a song about artificial Intelligence - and the concept that maybe one day an AI robot may take over humans if we allow it to happen

This is my song "I'm not just a robot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VuudqZwVoI

hope you like it

Human Robot

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    pretty cool, you could be a bit more generous with the mixing level on your voice though :)
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
  • HumanRobotHumanRobot Member Posts: 246
    Klaus_T said:

pretty cool, you could be a bit more generous with the mixing level on your voice though :)

Hi

I agree to - but my recording equptment is a mobile phone - everything is just recorded on a mobile phone.

I will have to look into getting some equiptment but I have no idea where to start.etc.

But thanks for listening

Human Robot

I agree

Hi

Thank you for listening

Human Robot
    edited May 2021
    maybe not even necessary to spend money on it. you could try to experiment with where the phone is, and maybe even shield it with a magazine or something to keep the piano off its back (or find other ways to muffle the piano a bit). i would start with having the mic point straight at your mouth from straight ahead of you and rather close, and further away from the piano. if that makes any sense
    Klaus_T said:

maybe not even necessary to spend money on it. you could try to experiment with where the phone is, and maybe even shield it with a magazine or something to keep the piano off its back (or find other ways to muffle the piano a bit). i would start with having the mic point straight at your mouth from straight ahead of you and rather close, and further away from the piano. if that makes any sense

Hi Klaus

Thank you so much for those tips - I will experiment and see what happens.

Thanks again

Human Robot x
    alright good luck. another idea, if you download a (free?!) multitrack app (can't recommend one as i don't have a smart phone), you could record the piano first by itself, then, put headphones on and sing on top of it on a new track. then you have two clean tracks to mix
    Whenever you’re ready to start buying equipment check here there’s lots of people that can guide you but until then try moving the phone closer to you and record a couple lines and listen back and keep doing it till you get a better mix then recor
    I think maybe GarageBand has multi tracking
    Klaus_T said:

alright good luck. another idea, if you download a (free?!) multitrack app (can't recommend one as i don't have a smart phone), you could record the piano first by itself, then, put headphones on and sing on top of it on a new track. then you have two clean tracks to mix

Hi

I just sung and played the piano - (one take only lol ) I've never tried doing it separtely so that would be interesting to try .

But thanks so much for your help and knowledge.

Human Robot

Whenever you’re ready to start buying equipment check here there’s lots of people that can guide you but until then try moving the phone closer to you and record a couple lines and listen back and keep doing it till you get a better mix then recor

Hi

Oh ok thanks - that sounds great, i oh ok I will try that with the mobile phone.

Thanks so much

Human Robot