Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Looking for feedback - "A song for you" (Bublè, Ray Charls, Amy Winehouse, Joe Cocker... )

GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
After some rock proposals I would like to hear you comments about one of my most recent recordings

The song is "A song for you" the backing track is with the Michael Bublè soul jazz arrangement.

Waiting for your feedback.

https://youtu.be/IwXxOsggSr0

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @GianniC,

Great work on this one mate. Nice to hear you do a slower number. Loved the falsetto notes at then end, very groovey my friend. The film clip was pretty cool too... how did you do that?

Regards,

Scotty
  • GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2021
    codeowl said:

@GianniC,

Great work on this one mate. Nice to hear you do a slower number. Loved the falsetto notes at then end, very groovey my friend. The film clip was pretty cool too... how did you do that?

Regards,

Scotty

Thanks a lot for your nice words. As I told in my first presentation I like to sing a lot of different things from Jazz to pop, dance, rock, acoustic, heavy etc...
    About my hard rock stuff I must consider the Ken Tamplin videos one of my first influence and study tool. That was the reason I begin my acticity in this forum with some "hard stuff".
    But I'm really happy to share something else like this song. I think I'll avoid to share Italian songs altough I think there are great melodies as could be less interesting for not italians and more difficult to analyze something unknown.

About the video... I'm a "thief..." :smiley: . Sometimes I look for some videos that fits my covers on youtube and I synchro my audio. Other times my videomaker is my girlfriend... But not in this case.
  • codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    Haha.... the one you chose for this song suited it very well I thought :wink:
    codeowl said:

@GianniC,

Regards,

Scotty

Thank you for your nice words. As I wrote in my first post accesing this forum, I like to sing about everything from Jazz to soul, pop, dance, R'n'b, acoustic, rock, heavy. As Ken Tamplin's videos have been my first reference to study rock and heavy, I thought to begin sharing something harder. But I'm really happy to share other things too.

About the video... It's not mine... I use to look for something that fits my cover on the web and sync it, when my girlfriend (my videomaker) can't do something original. This is copied somewhere in YT.
    edited May 2021
    codeowl said:

Haha.... the one you chose for this song suited it very well I thought :wink:

You ansered me to the first message that get lost while I was trying to edit it... :)

Yes it fits.. because I use to look for videos realized for that specific song. This video have been made by a fan for the Michael Buble version.

P.S. I just posted a new cover :wink: