Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

obsessed with high notes

goergemgoergem Member, Volume 1 Posts: 15
hi im male (18 years old) and now im obsessed with high notes. the thing is i always loved not only belting sounds, but high tones as well. i want to hit very high notes in whistle register cos y know its fun and annoying. im still on volume 2 and after im done with exercise i start the same exercises but for divas. is that ok? is it gonna hurt my voice in middle section? 

Answers

• highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Hey, @georgem,

If you purchased any KTVA Volume, you should send an email to ktvahelp@gmail.com and request that your status on this forum be upgraded to "Enrolled". 

As a "Member" you can only view a small portion of the topics on the KTVA forums.

Copy and paste into your email a copy of your purchase receipt from KTVA.  This will help to verify your purchase. 

When you have your status upgraded to "Enrolled" you will see that there are a lot of resources and information available to you as a KTVA student.

KTVA does not teach whistle register, however if you advance beyond Volume Three, you will find the Building Head Voice program gives you a range that is far more useful and impressive than whistle voice. 

The DIVAS workouts are fine for DUDES that want to sing higher.  If you're OK singing in that register, then there is no problem for your middle voice, as long as you remain in chest voice when you are in your upper mids.  If you go into Head Voice on the upper mids, then you run the risk of having your chest voice atrophy in the upper midrange.  Don't do that.

Not that many people are going to want to listen to your voice if you spend a lot of time making annoying sounds.  There is not a very big demand for annoying sounds, other than for them to cease and desist.

;^)

Bob

• ragnarragnar Pro Posts: 410
    highmtn said:

Not that many people are going to want to listen to your voice if you spend a lot of time making annoying sounds.  There is not a very big demand for annoying sounds, other than for them to cease and desist. 

This. Sounds like you've set yourself on path to becoming the worst kind of singer; lots of range but none of it useful.

Good tone >>>>>> range