Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

Song feedback

I will Also post exercises as I go through the course. I got the course a couple of days ago and I'm still in the 1st part working on ribcage expansion and diaphragmatic support which I think will help me a lot. I am doing the sit up exercise every morning. I notice that I have difficulty in beginning a song often. I hesitate because I'm afraid of coming into the song with a wrong note and belting it out. Are there specific exercises or psychological tricks that might help? And any other feedback for improvement? I plan to continue to work the course but if there are things that I need to address as I do so that you can hear then I want to do that too since I am singing with these guys now and I am definitely the least polished part of this band.

https://youtu.be/mO5plThWuw0

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Hitting the right note at onset comes from just simply being familiar and rehearsed on a song. And still sometimes you may miss it lol. I just had it happen last night practing on a song I need for Thursday. Been singing it pretty good but last night started kinda sharp
  • MayaJayMayaJay 2.0 PRO Posts: 17
    edited July 2021
    Thank you for the reply! It's good to know I'm not the only one! I think for me the hesitation makes the first part of the song weak though until I get into it.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Repetition helps alot! Either scales, singing songs or looping the beginning of a song and hitting that first word over and over again. The more you practice and sing, the easier this first word of any song becomes because you have more confidence in yourself.
  • MayaJayMayaJay 2.0 PRO Posts: 17