Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

hello , brother and sisters

after 3 months now i can again sing and practice but everything seems really conjested .....ofcourse i don't even open my mouth for practice in these 3 months and my daiphagram and breath control is seems really off track now..........so i want to know how should i start to get on track , i mean i have all ken's youtube exercises but when today i was doing lah and some other exercises i can't even complete the lah fully cause my breath and a little pain in throat when i was doing leh and laah exercise ...so may be its not best to straight up jump on exercises cause my vocals aren't fully opened or you can say warmed up fully.........so can you guide me that how should i approach this ...although i know i can get on track after some days but i don't want to harm my vocals in any way thats why i am asking so please guide me...........thank you

Answers

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Do them very gently and maybe cut back the amount you do to start with. If your voice is very weak then consider just bridging for a week, which is starting in chest then rolling into head voice smoothly. Once you feel strength coming back start to include pure chest stretching exercises as well.