Home Psychology of Singing

a...hello everyone

sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
why sometimes i feel really tired or unexcited or forced while singing .......look im talking about singing songs . the thing is my natural routine is practice and then singing a song or 2 songs ....even though i came back to singing after 2 months cause of other work and problems ....but now whenver i listen to songs they doesn't give me a pleasure or you can say while listening song i feel tiring and when i sing them its even look forced to me ....EVEN though AS GENERALLY IF I SING INFRONT OF YOU YOU WILL SAY ...THAT MY VOICE IS GOOD AND I WANT TO LISTEN MORE but there is like a sudden uninterest has arised in me towards the whole song(litreally just saying this is like the purpose of life has come to an end) ...............and i don't know how i counter this thing....for me the passion is most important like if god can take my everything that i have learnt and every muscle memory except my passion then its ok for me...........

it also happened to me in the past i can't say exeactly but yeah i was feeling the same emotion ..and at that time i found that i was bored of same songs and music cause you know the time i came into this practice sessions . i don't listen much songs and music because of practice and other work ...so at that time i changed the music and songs everything went normal

my biggest problem is my strong attachment to singing and music .in a nutshell if i pack this you can say.my mind and my emotion all are on knees towards singing and music ....cause i had a long history with music and singing

IF I CONFESS MY BIGGEST FEAR IS LOOSING MY EVERYTHING TOWARDS SINGING AND MUSIC .....AFTER LOOSING IT ITS LIKE A VOID FOR ME

i know i should be asking straight up question not a story ...but i want to show everything so you can understand my situation

AND I AM REALLY TENSED ABOUT FUTURE THINGS CAUSE IN ANYTIME I HAVE TO OUTSIDE FOR MORE STUDIES AND I CAN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT PRACTICE OR SINGING ......SO I AM JUST REALLY SCARED AND GETTING CRAZY AND I HOPE MY MENTAL ILLNESS DOES 'T COME BACK ............

i am thankfull atleast i have you all and this forum and i am gratefull for that

Best Answers

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Answer ✓
    I understand the feeling of disinterest from too much practice and too many times spent singing the same songs. It gets easy to just go through the motions without much joy. I think it's also normal to have this feeling from time to time. It's unusual to be excited about doing something all the time, usually our feelings go up and down.

At times like these you have to remember your passion is there even if you are not feeling it now. You have been high before and low as well, but you can bring yourself back up to that peak!

What are your long term goals? What can you do now to help achieve them. This long term thinking can help you to see that there is a reason you sing and you WANT to sing for a reason. Try to sing a different song, a different genre, a different artist. Do something different so it doesn't feel boring. Even if it is boring but you are practicing correctly then when you find your passion again your voice will be ready for the next challenge.

Feeling up and down is life and applies to everything we do while we live. When you are down it's ok, you will aim up again soon and go higher.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    Answer ✓
    yeah it can happen, don't stress yourself out, maybe take a day off and come back with more passion. for me, music is very important, but if you dissect it too much, you can end up with the idea it is not important at all (related to just "surviving", paying the rent, etc). i think for me the tension comes from these two ways of looking at it sometimes. allow yourself to be a musician, a singer, and artist, and accept the ups and downs.