Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

In Heaven (Original Song)

A song I wrote titled 'In Heaven'. The first verse is about my grandma who I was very close to as a kid and would talk to about everything and who instilled so many values I hold today in me. The second verse is about my dad, I'm grateful that some of the last memories I had with him were filled with joy and laughter Hopefully this is something some one can relate to. Hope you enjoy! Don't let the subject matter keep you from giving any constructive criticism if you have any suggestions or advice, thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5qDMIToAs

Comments

• Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 104
    Great tune man. I think the vocals are solid...pitch, tone, and right in your wheelhouse of range. I like how you reached for some higher notes in the bridge and towards the end of the song. Personally, I'd like to hear a vocal harmony in the chorus. You have a backing vocal in there, but would be cool if there was a major third or an octave. Other than that I really like it. Nice job man!
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    Thanks a lot man! I've went from an F#4 being a hard note, to being able to reach an A#4 in chest I never thought I'd get there, but thanks to the foundation of KTVA I've grown so much. You're right man, there is actually a harmony in the chorus, it's the same as the last chorus part where I take it higher, I'm not sure what to call it, 3rd or fifth or whatnot but it's there, subtly, it just didn't sound right and make the mix muddy when I brought it out anymore than it is though if I took it away you'd notice that it wouldn't sound as full. Thanks again for the feedback man, you're awesome!
  • Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 104
    That is awesome man! I've noticed an improvement from your earlier tracks on here.
    Ah fair enough! The mix sounds great. Looking forward to checking out more of your tunes.