Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello!!

Saying hi! :) My name is Bethany! I heard about KTVA through Youtube and bought the course last year. I am currently taking my time with the beginner exercises to make sure i understand everything.

I grew up surrounded by music- everyone in my family plays an instrument and/or sings. Watching my dad play his 12 string guitar lit a fire in me to learn how to play guitar and sing myself. I have been playing both acoustic and electric since i was 15 and am about to be 30 next month!! :o

My singing has always been "okay" but i wanted to move past ok. My goal/dream is to get my voice to the point where it has the strength and range to be able to sing any cover and to be able to perform my own songs that im writing in front of strangers. Ive always sung in church- but i have a passion for Christian rock and metal and would love to be able to write more of that kindve stuff. In the past ive always felt limited by my voice- im an alto and tend to sing lower because my high register isnt very developed. Just in the short time since ive started KTVA- ive noticed a major difference when i sing in church. People have come up to me without knowing i started the course, telling me my voice sounds stronger and i seem more confident! It has been totally worth the investment and i am so pumped to keep working and to keep making my voice even better!!!

Nice to meet you all!!

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi Bethany, great that you joined the course, and good to hear you (and others) can already hear a difference! it will get better and better. make sure to ask any questions, and at some point, post a sample of your LAHs, it is very important and helpful to get feedback
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    It's true that within the first few months people hear a difference when the exercises are done correctly. Understanding how to set up the shapes in the throat and getting a ping make such a big difference. It's great to have you with us and I look forward to hearing you 🙂
  • gezgez 2.0 PRO Posts: 13
    Hi Beth rock on!
  • bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Hi Beth! Welcome to the family!

Enjoy the forum, look around and join the conversation! :)