Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Always Cover - Feedback please!

GWooDGWooD Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
Hi, I've been a long time thinking if my cover was good enough to ask for feedback here :# ... Today I decided to just do it B) , and ask for help with comments to improve my singing.

Thanks in advace!

https://soundcloud.com/gonzalo-gwood/always-v33-kover/s-Ms3IlODH6OP

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Pretty good job mate! Just so you know it doesn't matter what level you are at, you can always ask for feedback here :smile:

This is a pretty tough song especially to sing it the same way as the original. I think your pitch was pretty good through out, just a few flat spots like between 2:18 - 2:34. This part needs more support to get through it and to stay in chest voice as well. I think concentrating on growing your support and chest voice should be your main focus going forward.

There is something strange going on with the production side of things. There may be too much high frequency in the vocal or you may need to use a DeEsser, in the delay or echo alot of the high plosives are heard so there is a repeating s or p. Im only starting to understand this stuff myself so take that with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    GWooDGWooD Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2
    Hey Wigs, thanks for listening and taking the time to analyze my cover! :) . I appreciate your comments a lot... in the technical singing and production issues as well...

I will focus on stretching my chest voice and next time I'll be more careful keeping my support. I think just now I see how important this is and how demanding it can be :o .

Ah! and I will pay attention to the DeEsser parameter and see how to rid of the s and p’s (good advice!) B) .

Thanks again dude!