Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Big day today

Today was a big for I have learned to scream! Healthy and safe screaming. I was told to learn rebel yell. I’m like crap I’m screwed there’s three screams in there. I started trying Thursday total fail, tried some more Friday. Total fail. Cuz I’m hard headed I tried again today in the car after singing along with lick it up by kiss and it just started happening. It took a little adjustment to get it more frontal sounding and a little higher. F5-f#5 and a few times had to feel around to recall it but it keeps coming back and after probably doing it 50 times I can still scream and sing. It doesn’t sound like billy idols scream but it certainly fits. I think once the muscle memory sets in I’ll be good. The only hurdle now is when I’m singing rebel yell for some reason the pitch drops noticeably but maybe tomorrow I’ll get that worked out lol. I’m very happy!!

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Awesome news man! I considered that song for my distortion video, there was one part 3/4 of the way through when he does a scream that I just couldn't match. The gnarlier and higher the scream, the more you support and relax ;) Once you have worked the song a bit would love to hear how you are progressing with it.
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Trust me my screams don’t sound like his do but they work lol