Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello everyone, I’m new here

Hello all,
My name is Dana currently in Florida. I have been following Ken on YouTube for awhile and find his videos very helpful. I feel I need vocal lessons, financially now is not the time, but I definitely need improvements to my singing. So I have not taken the plunge yet!

I started a YouTube channel 9-10 months ago to to share my voice with friends and to express myself musically. This was after Twitch removed Twitch Sings, which was such an awesome platform. Prior to that I had not sung in over a decade. But I’ve always loved singing!
I would love feedback from you all.

My YouTube page: https://youtube.com/c/SimplyDanaSings

Thank you so much,
Dana

Comments

• bikerdaddybikerdaddy 2.0 ENROLLED, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 17
    Hi Dana and welcome!
    I dropped by your YouTube page and listened a bit. It is clear that you have a good deal of talent, and should definitely be singing and entertaining folks. I particularly like that you don't sound like so many younger women nowadays that all seem to have the same voice style. I really think that if you choose to take the course you will find even more of your potential unlocked, and will surprise yourself at just how amazing you can be. True, you can learn a great deal from Ken's YouTube videos, but you will gain more in your first day with the course then you ever will on YouTube. I sat on the fence about this choice for quite some time as well, when I finally "ponied up" I was really surprised how helpful the course proved to be. When I listen to my videos from a year ago compared to what I am doing now I am blown away by the difference the course has made for me. With the release of 3.0 this course has never been more affordable. I highly encourage you to "take the plunge."
  • SDSingsSDSings Member Posts: 4
    :) Hello bikerdaddy,

Thank you for that feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to hear me singing! B)
    I would love to improve, seems obvious that this course could help me greatly.

Thanks so much,
    Dana
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited September 2021
    hi Dana, welcome! you can check out my profile for an idea of a routine for singing exercises, based on the free YT videos. you can tweak it as you need, but it will give you a glimpse of what the course can do. also, these exercises are valuable in themselves, and you will improve by just doing them. of course, they are not giving you the whole "system". but you will get an idea of what the course can do, and can use them to bridge the time until you can take the plunge (if you later decide to do so). remember to sing them lightly and do 5-6 days per week, you need some rest too, but regular exercise is the only real thing to improve your voice
  • SDSingsSDSings Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much Klaus_T, that will be very useful for me until I start the course.

Awesome,
    Dana
  • kkernskkerns Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. First time posting. I just want to say that I wish I would have had this opportunity years ago. As a former drummer I never figured I would ever get a chance to sing, and really felt I couldn't. I had teachers in high school and college often ask me if I sang after hearing me speak. Always told them no. Now 62 and listening to Ken's YouTube videos I have so much regret for not getting formal instruction when I was younger. I would still love to learn how to sing but can't help but feel my time has passed. Am I to old to finally learn how to sing?
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042