Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Options

How does KTVA's singing course manage vocal fach?

Hi,

as I am considering purchasing the singing course, I would like to know if it helps you identify your vocal fach.

As I'd like to know if I'm barytone or tenor, I'd appreciate if the course helped me sort it out.

Do the exercises in the course adapt to your vocal fach and how?

Thanking you,

Philippe

Best Answers

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Answer ✓
    I guess it will in a very broad sense. You won't be told if you can sing this note to this note in this way you are this Fach. It's mainly Bari/tenor or alto/soprano. Ken does mention from time to time during the exercises or workouts those in this Fach can start here or earlier or later.

Your Fach can be considered a base line but by using the course to grow your voice you will blend into other fachs so it's not really focused on a great deal.

Only once into the later volumes will the exercises start to seperate into basic fachs like I mentioned but you won't be getting to these for many months or more likely after a year. They are how ever dudes and divas and some combined workouts so you can choose which will most closely match your range.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    the course is not per se figuring that out for you. there are exercises that are tailored for different vocal fachs including baritone and tenor. you can do them and then you will be able to tell which one was possible to do for your range. since you will stretch your range by doing the course, this will at some point be redundant anyway. in the normal exercises, there is one for male and one for female, and you just sit out the notes you can't reach. in time, you are able to do the whole exercise without sitting out any notes. that doesn't even take so long.

for me, it took the longest to get to the lower notes in the male exercises, and it took about 1-2 years (roughly, not sure anymore tbh). i am sure someone on here can figure out your fach without too much trouble, if you post some showcase of your range (ideally a scale). i don't know much about it, and for the course, it is mostly irrelevant due to the points i mentioned above

Answers