Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Tennessee Whiskey (Chris Stapleton Cover)

This is a snippet from a cover I did, what do you all think, did I do okay?

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hmm, honestly I think you've done better covers before. This sounded as if you had already done a full day of singing and had trouble keeping enough support. If this wasn't the case I'm not trying to be discouraging. Pitch was a bit flat at times and the lick really needs to be dialled in. Have you seen Ken's YT video on this particular lick? It was very helpful for me as he breaks it down.
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    Yeah this songs a little different style then I'm used to.. but hmm. That's weird man, because my pitch was spot on for all but a couple of words, because I always run a tuner over my performance to double check, but I'm curious which parts you're talking about?? And the "warm" lick I didn't take the time to get it down like Chris does it, but I just improvised my own little run for it lol. I have seen Kens video about it, but didn't go over it enough to get the lick down, I just wanted to cover this song so I did, most cover of this song people don't even do a run right there lol. Thanks for the feedback dude.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    At 14s bottles always dry bit sound out of key. 26s aint nothing is a bit flat. 34s you're, 53s warm are also a bit off. Your pitch was good most of the time but for a short piece like this even 1 missed note tends to stand out.
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    Hmmm that's strange man, the bottle's always dry is similar to how he does it in a live version and is a walk up from a C#4 (E G# A) to a C#5 which some notes there are are all but a couple cents from being perfectly pitched. And ain't (C#) nothin (A# -G) is dead on and the following you're (C#4) is dead on lol. And the warm like I had said wasn't meant to be just like the original run, but it goes (A G# A F# E D A# B C C# C B A G#) and are all also most dead on but a couple off a few cents lol. Idk man maybe you just don't like how it sounds which is fine, but strange because those parts are actually in key and on pitch lol. Appreciate you feedback as always though!!