Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Feedback - Rebel Yell Cover

MatthaeiMatthaei Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 71
Hello everyone,

the last days i tried to cover Rebel Yell from Billy Idol.

Iam singing this song now for a while (almost 4 years now) since iam a member of a coverband.

I tried to give the best performance i can do (today). Unfortunately with this song, even though i like it, at some parts i dont particularly like to hear my own voice that much. But i think that this is a general problem, since iam really critical with voice all the time. I cannot help it. ;-)

Therefore i would be very happy and glad if you could give me some honest feedback.

Here it is:

https://cloud.ralphbayer.de/index.php/s/H6x2J8ibDB44gMD

Password:4BBpMqcN3j

Ralph

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I thought this was a very solid performance. Ive tried practicing this song before but just couldn't quite get it so I gave up. Something that I hear you do, is be a bit hard on the consonants. For example on the word "midnight" you really stop hard on the d. You can try sing it "mie-night" Since we already have to close down for the n, you can skip the d and it still sounds like the word midnight.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Wigs Thank you! It took me also some longer time, to figure that song out with my voice. Its harder than one would think. Thank you also for the tip with the consonants, i will look into it and the tip about "mie-night" is very cool! :-)
    FYI: This song i started to sing before i began with KTVA, so there are things i need to relearn for the song. Thanks for making me aware!

May i ask you, how did you feel about the "mores"? Espescially in the first refrain? For them i wasnt so sure if they turned out good.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i also thought it was a good shot at it
  • Options
    @Klaus_T Thank you! So, for you the "mores" also have not been sounding kinda silly or misplaced to you?
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    they sounded fine to me
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Klaus_T, Thank you. I hate to hear my vocie in that refrains. Dont know why, lol.
    This cover song for me is also a very important one. I'll try to get a position as lead singer in a more "professionel" Band. So i want my demos to be as good as possible.