Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

I tried singing "Come as you are" by Nirvana, please share feed back

So heres the audio:
https://vocaroo.com/17p9lnRQX0YF

I would highly appreciate if you could share what you think about it. Am I going in the right direction? I certaily should improve pitch and tone. What are your thoughts? Any specific tips?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    I'd say try to work on your breath control and glottal compression so you're not letting a ton of air out with each word you sing. This will eventually make it harder to get through a song if you push out too much air between phrases. I'm not super familiar with this style of singing so I'm gonna leave it at that tip for now :)
    Hope someone with more experience with rock music can assist you :)
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    I'd say a little work in proper breathing & also getting some "mask" into your voice. Look for "Singing Into The Mask Ken Tamplin" & that should explain it better than I can ;)
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This was pretty good. You did well on those belting notes staying open. Some of your phrases open with a big push of air and it sounds louder than the rest of the verse. A good thing to remember when engaging your support, is to have it ready before you need it, if you only try to get your strength at the last minute, this air push and volume difference can sometimes happen.
  • Options
    MerryMerry Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for your comments! I think I have problems and inconsistency with achieving good cord closure on stacatto notes so the air rushes but the cords are not closed properly