Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Am I good enough to start releasing music? What tips can I implement to get better?

Here is an example of (in my opinion) one of the best songs I have ready for an album release. I'm so critical I don't know if it's good enough to put out, and if not, what tips would you give me to improve in order to be ready? Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1rvvLtz0Q

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi mate, if you WANT to release it, i would do it. the worst that can happen is that it gets only a few clicks and that's it. you will learn a lot in the process that you can use next time. i don't think any artist is 100% happy with their releases, especially not the early ones. if you are "ashamed" of it later, you can just take it offline again ;) go for it!
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @Klaus_T Thanks for the response. I guess I'll have to figure it out.
  • crabolacrabola Pro Posts: 20
    This is strong stuff. Go for it..... !
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @crabola

Thanks a lot, I probably will very soon!
  • michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 251
    Don't let imperfections stop you from creating art. Great song and production.

Your sound is pretty covered. In the chorus you aren't singing EH-very and are moreso singing UH-very. Make sure at least when you do exercises you are singing the very open BRIGHT AH sound. That being said, work on removing any straining you may have. Depending on how long you've done the program, you can work on glottal compression, but I think you should be in V2 focusing on vowel modifications. Glottal compression is V3 for a reason. Eventually you will focus on having less air pass through the chords so you can sing like this without feeling any strain or hourseness.
    Thanks for posting and keep up the great work.