Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Positive covid..Rest or Keep Practicing??

Its been almost 2 years we're living with this pandemic..

And its my first time that i am positive covid..
The worst case scenario is, i cant even hit F4 during my scale..i find its hard to achieve cord closure..my head voice is also a lot breathier..usually i can bring my head voice down to A3..but during this time C4 is already breathy..

My question is, is this normal? Does this effect our voice permanently or just temporary?
Anyone experience this?

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited February 2022
    hi, sorry to hear you are positive. how do you feel? are you feeling like you are ill, or did you just test positive? do you have a cough? sore throat? it sounds like it effects your singing, so the safest bet would be to ask a doctor about what's best now (sing through it or rest). but i would not panic, at least from your description it does not sound like a bad case, but then again, it is hard to guess what is really going on.

in general, any soreness or inflammation in the throat means you should take a break to avoid damage.
  • Options
    mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2022
    Sorry for late reply..here a little update..im getting better..but the thing is, i seems struggle with the note F4 and F#4..maybe this is the post-covid effect..i will try go easy with my voice this week and see if i regain my F#4 or not next week
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    yeah, take it easy. it will come back
  • Options
    mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    Is this a normal thing to lose some range after covid? Im frustrated right now..
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Any time you lose range from illness or taking a break, its highly advised to ease back into it slowly, depending on the severity this could be a week or a month to get your previous high note back. Think of the gym and you could bench 100kg, if you take a month off its going to be some time before you can lift the same weight, if you try too soon you will likely injure yourself, its the same with your voice.