Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Morgana - Lord Of the Lost Cover

Hi guys,
I am with Ken`s stuff for a while and I am trying to constantly seek challanges to apply the techniques I am training,
this is my last cover :
Morgana - Lord Of the Lost
https://youtu.be/yb13WuAQGAM

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Whoa, those low notes remind me alot of a band I used to listen to but cant remember now :sweat_smile: The growl and distortion is really gnarly. The only critique I have for the low notes is to really try and resonate the sound clearly, but I know this is really hard to do. The other thing is to really try and match the tempo of the main vocal when layering.

Still, love the tones and textures you are bringing to the table!
  • Seven2080Seven2080 Pro Posts: 23
    Thank you Wigs!!
    Yeah I totally agree with that layering issue....to the low notes /resonate clearly ....I am not sure what do you mean by that - just to explain - I was just messing around to try different positions of the low voice to get a bit of airiness into the sound and try to stay light and only on some notes I ve tried to bring more resonance to get somehow a dynamics a bit to the lines, when I tried to be more resonant , it sounded almost like operatic choir singing - so I tried to lessen that - not saying it is great though :)
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    That's the hard thing about giving feedback with a song, I dont know what you've tried to do on purpose or not. The lower resonance thing I guess Im talking about how a bass singer would be able to punch out those strong low notes, I love hearing that! I just had a quick listen again and its still freakin awesome!
  • Seven2080Seven2080 Pro Posts: 23
    thank you Wigs !!!
    I understand now....I tried to stay away to sound like a bass down low....as I still try to persuade me that I could be a tenor :D, but just in technical aspect of that I could do those low notes pretty strong and I ve tried to not do that :)