Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

Digital audio workstations

Hey I'm starting out making my own hairmetal and glamrock songs and I wanna know which daw (digital audio workstation) is best to make hairmetal or glam rock ! Please let me know 🙏

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i don't think the DAW is really depending on the style you want to do. some come with different plugins, which might be more suited to what you want to do, but at the end of the day any DAW will do. maybe if you let us know which instruments you will record live vs which you want to program, we could narrow it down for you
  • stevenlindsay458stevenlindsay458 Member Posts: 3
    I can play bass, guitar, drums and sing
    so then you will mostly just need a DAW to record vs program virtual instruments. which one did you think looked the best for you so far?
  • stevenlindsay458stevenlindsay458 Member Posts: 3
    Maybe pro tools or Adobe audition or even reaper, but I don't know which one to choose
    reaper is free so you could try that first. i use protools.
  • KarenSingsKarenSings 2.0 PRO Posts: 80
    edited June 2022
    Reaper is very popular. Pro Tools hogs a lot of computer memory, but has a lot of features. Other programs seem to have mostly caught up. The main thing is to choose a DAW and learn it really well, so that it becomes a familiar tool.

I chose Pro Tools because it had some features I wanted that I couldn't find in other programs at the time. Also, it has a lot of Youtube how to videos. You might check on whatever program you are thinking of purchasing and see how well supported the learning process will be for you. A DAW is a complicated beast and nothing like a Word Processor or Spreadsheet or anything familiar.