Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Smule Cover Green Day - Basket Case

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
Firstly like to tag @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @DannyOc3an @mysti @HuduVudu @DogMeat @bentk @NickW @RandyB @shining @Chris82 @LumiMoon @Rick_amateur @heidianita @jmstanle @Elara @sjonrokz4u @Klaus_T @d1g2w3 @Diego @LoneWolfRogue @cwcw @sagemacg @Sina anyone else like to feedback.

Over 3 1/2 years on the Ken Tamplin Course.

Decided to post this Smule cover its not perfect inpromtu recording couple of takes but feel now making real progess!!

https://www.smule.com/recording/green-day-basket-case/2592533887_4334598274

All feedback welcome

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You've gotten some of the high notes throughout the song, but I can tell you still need time to get into the rhythm of the song as your timing isn't spot on. Id like to hear you post something that you have been working on for a couple of months to really showcase your improvents :smile:
  • RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Hey, George! I gotta side with Chris on this one. It’s hard to analyze much of the performance because of timing issues and fumbling some of the lyrics. Post something you’ve been working on for a while to give us a better idea of your progress.
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @Wigs @RandyB

Thanks for listening yes did stumble a bit due to lack of proper practice to zone in on the timing, been working on another song for quite a while now and I think it still needs work before posting. So my next target is to get that down a best as possible. but do feel progress in the upper chest and mid voice. Took Chris's advice and remained in volume 1 for more than 1 reason found it beneficial.

Chris and Randy good to hear from you both and hope to get a more polished song posted and hear both of your latest material.

George

• DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Hey George nice to hear you again, I can see you have improved on previous feedback such as brightness of the tone and a bit of mask, and also on getting closer to pitch, compared to your previous samples. Nice to see improvement. I do agree with Randy and Cris about the timing though, just try to nail the timing as the original lyrics go with the music.
    What I may add as a sugestion with this rendition, is to let your singing flow more legato, without many interruptions... Let it be more continuous.. just like singing a full LAH scale which has no consonants, no glottal stops, only continuous and open vowel flow, that same way is how each song phrase be handled. And don't make any interruption, any glottal stop noticeable, just add the consonants very slightly and morph the vowels gently (since you're high in range they should be more closely related to each other, no sudden jumps from vowel to vowel)... this way the whole phrase has the spirit of a continuous set of closely related vowels instead of it being a sum of various words. Don't sing words, sing continuous vowels. Just like practicing your Lah scales. Foget about enunciating words. Treat each phrase as a sum of vowel sounds. See it that way B)
    Keeep it up! you're well on your way!
    @DannyOc3an

Thanks for listening yes the glottal stop all too easy to get caught up in the consonants, glad you pointed that out and will include more of that in my practice its tricky area to negotiate. Noticed in doing the scales the brightness and accurate of pitchings has improved alot. looking forward now making good progress!!

George
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    definitely some improvement there, remember you can also practice the song on AH vowel only
    edited April 2022
    @Klaus_T Thanks for listening good point just like the scales will give it a try initially, if I tried to do this song 3 years ago could get half the notes can get now and that's progress just glad stuck at it!!

Does anyone fancy trying out a collaberation @Klaus_T @Wigs @DannyOc3an or anyone else would like to join, think it would be alot fun and give us a goal to work towards. Haven't picked any song but think we could work together on something suitable!

We also could help each other with practice and advice to achieve the best possible collab.

George
    :)