Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Sara Smiles - Hall and Oats (Live Performance)

Hello, back at it again with another live cover performance. I'm looking for feedback on how I can improve all characteristics of my singing (tone, pitch, timing, performance, dynamics) so I can become great.
https://youtu.be/6-sMW6NQTVs

Comments

• DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    I enjoyed it, your relaxation translates to a better performance and it seems you're enjoying your song too. That alone helps a lot to make the song ejoyable for people's ears. I would love to see you learning the lyrics instead of reading them tho :p but that's just a personal taste hehe :#
    On the vocal side, nice bright nasality, it helps with pitch
    To stay on the healthy side, I wouldn't bring head voice too much down into the chest register notes, but this song could use that for effect. Just be aware of it so your general singing benefits from a healthy chesty dominance, a chesty resonance when going higher -generally speaking- so you avoid ingraining a possible habit of doing ALL your singing pulling head down into the chest range. Just a thought....

Keep rocking B)
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
    Yeah that's very cool. I guess nerves are getting a bit over your breathing sometimes ? Breathing is very important for pitch, relaxation, tone, and all you're looking to improve. It takes some work to deal with it when you're nervous. My teacher always tells me "Don't forget to breathe !". It's true. Remember to take your breath freely and fully to relax. Sometimes when we're nervous we kinda stop breathing.

Also, be careful not to slam your EE vowels. Not sure if you do, but it might pinch in your throat if you do. Don't forget to make a diphthong: EH - EE, Aye

But overall, you're doing a good job. Your singing, energy and emotion in the song are entertaining. You have a good tone too. Again, you can improve that with breath control. Remember that your voice is a wind instrument.

Peace to you
  • michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    @GuyChan @DannyOc3an both of your feedback is helpful and the good thing is I could see where this is coming from and know what to work on!