MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
Hi all,
Here is my version of this classic song by the Everly brothers
Please let me know what you think about it

https://youtu.be/US6e_rQcEI4

Comments

• Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Wow audio quality is excellent. Your singing is covered. Focus on the AH vowel. Open the mouth wide. Post a video in the forum of you singing the AH vowel and tag me so I and other can help get you producing that correctly. The AH is your foundation for the singing house you are building. From there, if you want to be more breathy and covered you can do so, but you need that first, because you will have better pitch, more consistent volume, sing more comfortably, increase range and have better tone.
    Practice songs with a tuner like TE Tuner. Visualize coming down on the note, not reaching up to the note. Improve posture and watch the videos on that in V1.
    Nice guitar work. Nice video editing. Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    I like your recording and played it three times because I enjoyed it. So, no need to change anything to make it enjoyable. Since this is a vocal dev, forum, I find myself wondering how you would sing this if you weren't playing guitar and were just standing in front of a mic. I think it would change your approach and you'd probably end up opening up the vowels and making the lyrics more distinguishable.

The song seems to be in a place in your range where no vowel mods are needed. If so, that gives you even more freedom to do whatever you want to open up some of the lyrics.
  • Options
    MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    @michaelmusic @Terence Thanks a lot! yes openening my mouth while singing is alway a thing for me, it's not in my nature. I will practice some more on this. thanks for listening