Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Here is laa what I do.....is it correct ....or I am doing wrong....

Best Answers

• Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    Answer ✓
    Hi @sommon

Had listen to your scale, pretty good pitch and focus on keeping it bright it’s the lah ah ken talks about. The more you keep practicing correctly that will improve over time good support and smile into the sound as you go up in the scale will help with brightness.

Ken’s KTVA singing course goes into these techniques in more detail.

George
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    Answer ✓
    @sommon

The main vowel modifications for the ah vowel are ah aw ooh very subtle changes which allow us to go higher easily. when we go up AH will need to modify to AW as in loft and then onto ooh. Other vowels like Ee bit different.

It does take time to improve these areas with regular practice and post this YouTube recorded live stream on vowel modifications from Ken hopefully clarify a few pointers to https://youtu.be/orRSjushjmI

George

Answers

• Options
    sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
    @Vocality I think the only thing I am struggling right now is vowel modulation...like I know laa ahh ...where my mouth is fully open...and laa ahh in the mask where we kinda make a face of smiling. But when I use laa aahh full mouth open then as scale rises. We have to modulate the vowel. From laa to ooo ....but exact that point I struggle... In power and many things.........thanks for reply