Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Voice getting worse with practise?

Hi all,

I haven’t go pt the course yet and I want to. But I have been working with the free warm up videos for over a month now and I seem to have gotten better and then all of a sudden… tanked! I have no more vibrato, I can’t stay on pitch and can’t really sing anything at all.

I do suffer from firbomyalgia and right now feel as though I have the flu.. but really don’t. I’m devastated, I have been working so hard and want to improve so badly but I am so discouraged. I don’t know what’s going on or what I could possible be doing wrong with be so bad after beginning to improve.

Comments

• Options
    LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    you may have been harming your voice or over working it. Take some time off and let your voice recoup before trying to practice again. When you go back to practicing start very slow and take it easy. Slowly work your strength back up. I've suffered vocal fatigue before from pushing too hard too soon. Slow and steady wins the race
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    make sure to post a sample of your practice (once you start again) so we can tell you if you are on the right track