Home Psychology of Singing

Hello....singers

sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
I have been noticing in myself from a long time. That before whenever I listen to a song. I never think of anything while listening such song. And I just enjoy like everyone does...but after getting into the ocean of vocalisation...instruments. And textures, versatility of singing...now I rarely listen songs. For fun and enjoy... Like I listen songs only when I have yo pick a song for practice or practice for different genere their style of singing...thier texture and all....

And during the listening time , I instead of enjoy, I kinda just study everything. Like everything from vocals to instrument, to lyrics...........

So this psychology of mine of studying everything. And learning it like a class lecture.......is it right in long term or it will be not good for my psychology towards singing......the funny thing here is if you ask me some of my favourite songs. I myself don't know what are my favourite songs.......

I hope you all getting what I am saying.....

If you can't understand my q...then reply me I will try to present it better in next time

Best Answers

• TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 346
    Answer ✓
    I listen to songs I like on repeat, 5 to 10 times for the reasons you described. It's the musician's listening curse.
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Answer ✓
    Hahaha.

I can 100% relate to this. I drive people craaaazy when I have a song on repeat.

Usually means I really like it and want to make sure to study it carefully so I get all the inflections/style down. Can't help the humming either.

I also use a site called https://www.lalal.ai/. I download the MP3 of the song I listen to and pass it through the lalal processor, then I can practice with the instrumental and/or I can listen to the isolated vocals.

For me that process is really fun though, I love it, because it also helps you notice things other casual listeners don't know about :smiley: .

Diego
  • sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
    Answer ✓
    @Terence thannks for reply....dude...it seems that it is a normal thing that we experience in this ocean of music
  • sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
    Answer ✓
    @Diego thanks for reply dude....and in my case the humming part drives my family crazy... Like sometimes they get annoyed specially my brother 😅.......but you know its a part of journey....and I try my best to embrace it with open hands.....btw and I like the way you approach every song......and I can learn so many things from your approach.........
  • TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 346
    Answer ✓
    Diego said:

Hahaha.
    I also use a site called https://www.lalal.ai/. I download the MP3 of the song I listen to and pass it through the lalal processor, then I can practice with the instrumental and/or I can listen to the isolated vocals

Mmmm, thanks, gotta check this out!