Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush Cover

VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
Firstly like to tag @Ken Tamplin @highmtn @doc_ramadani @Wigs @DannyOc3an @mysti @HuduVudu @DogMeat @bentk @NickW @RandyB @shining @Chris82 @LumiMoon @Rick_amateur @heidianita @jmstanle @Elara @sjonrokz4u @Klaus_T @d1g2w3 @Diego @LoneWolfRogue @cwcw @sagemacg @Sina anyone else like to feedback.

Hi all been working on this song for a while and would be great to get some feedback been on the KTVA course for nearly 4 years, had no professional experience before hand other than doing karaoke. Some pretty high chest notes in there thanks for listening!!

This is one take!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW0LQe504VU

Vocality B)

Comments

• RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
    Good to hear from you, George! Sounds like you’re making steady strides. Keep plugging away at pitch and air management, and staying I. The pocket of the groove. It does sound like higher pitches are being accessed more freely now. Ha
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @RandyB

Great to hear from you again, all the advice you folks gave me over the last year or so has helped me to get to this level. I have now much more positive outlook on my singing journey and will continue to stride for improvement. Spent quite a bit time on this song, certain parts need a quite bit work to get close and from a personal stand point thought did a good job.

:) George
  • DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    edited June 2022
    Hey there George sorry it took so long to come here to have a listen... nice job, only try to keep more consistency on your support and air management; while some phrases are ok, there are some others where you run out of air or sing weaker, shallower than others. Remember: a full belly breath between all phrases so you have a good nice tank available to place the notes and complete the phrase. Remember when doing the situp where you stay in the breath until the very end of the scale? translate it to every phrase of the song. Make them all count!
    Also see if you can listen to your recordings back over a period of days in order to poinpoint the areas where you feel like improving, record again, then listen back the next days, then give it another go and so on until you find it difficult to spot weak areas
    keep it going, George B)
  • VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,601
    @DannyOc3an

Danny great to hear from you again firstly sorted out a long running issue with monitoring bought a yamaha mixer, it has effects and compression built in straight out the box can hear my voice much more clearly through the headphone monitors made such a difference looking forward to future recordings.

Yes there were a few areas noticed namely at the very start, really going to be mindful of the belly breaths and it's all about correction and improving. Consitency is an area like to get better at and will continue to work to improve. This song for me was a good challenge and will revisit to try to perfect.

Thanks George