Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

47 and just started

Hello, Im tee. I live in seattle. I would really love to become a great singer, but my motivation is low af. Can somebody please give me some words of encouragement or friendship to help me along this journey? Okay, thank you bye

Comments

• ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    Welcome to the forums and the course, tee!

Why is your motivation low?

If it's because you think becoming a great singer will take a long time, then you're right, it probably will. But if you follow what Ken teaches, you will be improving constantly during that time, and you will reach a level of being a decent singer, a competent singer, a good singer, relatively quickly.

Is it because you feel lazy? We all do, sometimes, and it is guaranteed that life will sometimes get in the way of your progress. All we can do is get back to it when we can and keep on going.

Is it because you believe you're not capable of becoming a great singer? You're at the start of your journey - why would you assume this, with no evidence? As you follow the course, your knowledge and ability will grow. If you train correctly, then you will see results.

Is it because you think it will be too difficult? It won't be. Ken has put in a lot of thought and experience into this course, and it is laid out in order, from the fundamental basics onwards. As well as the lessons themselves, you have access to the student areas of this forum, where we discuss any issues that come up as we go through the course. You will not be alone with any problem or difficulty you might experience.

Which brings me to the last point - everyone who posts in the student areas is someone who, like you, has the course and is learning to sing. You will find a huge range of experiences here. Everyone has problems at some point, but they can post here for help and feedback. Spend as much time as you can reading in the sections that correspond to where you are in the course, and when you're ready, try to give others feedback. Helping others solidifies your understanding more than anything else.

These forums are a place of positivity and support. You are very welcome here. Enjoy the course. :)