Home About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
Options

Starting from scratch

Hey guys ! I’m glad to be back after a while away… due to covid and gigs/shows stopping I ended up going from singing 3-5 times a week for 4-5 years to nearly nothing for 2 years… because of this I have lost some range confidence in my ability . Ken recommended I start back at vol 1 for 3 weeks or so then move onto 2 and so on… I’ve forgotten how to use the program … do you just use the main audio and then you are done ? Or do you warm up using the main audio portion then move onto dude or diva stater exercises ? Just want to be clear on how I should approach it this tkme ! Many thanks … I am on the long road to Vocal recovery !

Best Answer

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Answer ✓
    Hello, Louis!

Your old forums account is still active with Student Access. You should use that account and let us delete this one. You can only have one account on the forums.

Nice to see you here again, but sorry you have lost some range and confidence.

Start from the beginning, and refresh your memory. Always try to gently warm up with the lip drills and the tongue exercises, and then as your voice begins to warm up you can gradually bring up the volume and gently try for higher notes.

You should review the old lessons and most of the information and techniques will come back to you without having to start from zero. Just try to stay focused on what Ken is teaching you. You may very well find that when you go back to following Ken's instructions, you will quickly surpass where you were before you fell off the KTVA wagon.

Private Message me here, and I will remind you of your old login/username so you can resume using your old student account and remove this one.

Bob