Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

1st week acapella short improvisation

Comments

• michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 251
    Thank you for sharing. Your frequent sharing of your voice in the forum can help you improve significantly.
    1. I suggest doing a song people are familiar with. I believe your vocal register is similar to Ken's, being a baritone. Find similar singers.
    2. Focus on the fundamentals. Share a video (yes video so we can hear and see you) doing the AH exercise. Focus on the simplicity and effectiveness this exercise has of opening the mouth nearly as WIDE as you can and producing a bright clear tone.
    3. Begin listening to good and bad singers in American Idol videos. I did this to gain more self-awareness and understand what makes a good singer and why people can wince when hearing a bad singer. This advice I believe is generally good for anyone doing Volume 1, which is where you should be. Remember, understanding the concepts is only 50%. The other 50% is applying those concepts and working out that correct muscle memory. Keep up the great work.
  • LowasLowas Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for your feedback, I'll give it some thought, I've had copyright issues before when I've uploaded stuff so I thought I just make something up :)
    For now I don't have a camera but we'll see how it goes in the future.
  • LowasLowas Member Posts: 5

Thank you for sharing. Your frequent sharing of your voice in the forum can help you improve significantly.

1. I suggest doing a song people are familiar with. I believe your vocal register is similar to Ken's, being a baritone. Find similar singers.
    2. Focus on the fundamentals. Share a video (yes video so we can hear and see you) doing the AH exercise. Focus on the simplicity and effectiveness this exercise has of opening the mouth nearly as WIDE as you can and producing a bright clear tone.
    3. Begin listening to good and bad singers in American Idol videos. I did this to gain more self-awareness and understand what makes a good singer and why people can wince when hearing a bad singer. This advice I believe is generally good for anyone doing Volume 1, which is where you should be. Remember, understanding the concepts is only 50%. The other 50% is applying those concepts and working out that correct muscle memory. Keep up the great work.
    Thank you, I posted something most people are familiar with.
    https://youtu.be/mC6Om1ip6no