Home› Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

hello everyone....this is my second cover posted here ....Can I have some feedback 😇?

Answers

• michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Thanks for sharing this cover!

Post yourself doing the LAH AH exercise. Focus on that bright WIDE OPEN AH sound. You have work to do around pitch and tone. Practicing the fundamentals of the bright LAH vowel diaphragmatic support will inevitably help with your tone and pitch.

It's pleasant listening to this cover. Check out Ken's pitch videos to do some exercises with pitch. download a pitch correction app. I created a video about my fav pitch correcting app.

The goal with this course is to create one big powerful note throughout your entire range. This happens by building chest and then head voice. Then work on the passagio area.

Again, great job sharing. The recording quality without effects is great for helping us hear your raw voice and provide feedback. Continue posting and getting our feedback.
  • Paulv5Paulv5 Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2022

Thanks for sharing this cover!

Post yourself doing the LAH AH exercise. Focus on that bright WIDE OPEN AH sound. You have work to do around pitch and tone. Practicing the fundamentals of the bright LAH vowel diaphragmatic support will inevitably help with your tone and pitch.

It's pleasant listening to this cover. Check out Ken's pitch videos to do some exercises with pitch. download a pitch correction app. I created a video about my fav pitch correcting app.

The goal with this course is to create one big powerful note throughout your entire range. This happens by building chest and then head voice. Then work on the passagio area.

Again, great job sharing. The recording quality without effects is great for helping us hear your raw voice and provide feedback. Continue posting and getting our feedback.

Thank you very much...yeah I really have to work on the pitch I still feel unstable when singing..its also hard to sing in the passagio as my voice tends to strain and whiny on the notes in the passagio area

A small question does hissing exercise helps in breath management ?
  • kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64
    You sound like a lot of 90's Folk/Alternative guys. You might want to try doing covers of people like Counting Crows or the Goo Goo Dolls. Do a lot of re-takes & listening back to see how you're doing as you go along.

Idk too much re negotiating the passagio, but something that might help is learning to yodel~! No kidding. Search "how to yodel" on YouTube & see what you think. Also, work on opening your mouth more and let the jaw relax. Try to get more "mask," i.e. resonance in the face/nose/areas and raise your upper lip to get a cleaner sound. Also, try working the "poop muscles" - I know that sounds bad, but pushing down from that area does force the sound out a bit more. l found these to be helpful in my own singing journey.
  • Paulv5Paulv5 Member Posts: 33
    edited September 2022
    Ke

You sound like a lot of 90's Folk/Alternative guys. You might want to try doing covers of people like Counting Crows or the Goo Goo Dolls. Do a lot of re-takes & listening back to see how you're doing as you go along.

Idk too much re negotiating the passagio, but something that might help is learning to yodel~! No kidding. Search "how to yodel" on YouTube & see what you think. Also, work on opening your mouth more and let the jaw relax. Try to get more "mask," i.e. resonance in the face/nose/areas and raise your upper lip to get a cleaner sound. Also, try working the "poop muscles" - I know that sounds bad, but pushing down from that area does force the sound out a bit more. l found these to be helpful in my own singing journey.

Thank you my friend for your suggestion I will definitely try what you mentioned in the comment..😇🤘🤘🤘

Please just a little knowledge can you tell me what exercise helps in breath management because I sometimes have shaky voice when singing softly ...I want to buy Ken's course but the difference in currency here is too much..and no one give straight answer about breath management.