Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Old Guy Getting Started and Saying Hello!

RayRayRayRay 3.0 Streaming Posts: 12
Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to say hello and that I'm thrilled to be here! Been in the course for a month or so and am blown away by the incredible depth that the Mighty Ken shares. Looking forward to improving my singing and may surprise the wife if I can improve enough to not peel the paint off the walls! Wishing you all the best from Northern California!

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hey, welcome to the course and this forum! great to have you here. be consistent with the practice, re-watch the lesson videos often, and make sure to use this forum (asking questions, and also browsing and reading discussions). if you stick with it, you are going to improve a lot. whenever you feel ready for it, you can get feedback on your exercises to make sure you are on track with the course material and get pointers on what to focus on etc.

best wishes
  • Options
    Thanks, Mighty Klaus! I really appreciate the welcome! I'm doing my best and got some great advice on staying consistent, hitting the workouts mindfully (once with bridging and one trying to stretch the chest voice) and I'm having fun seeing if I can learn so that I don't peel the paint of the wall with my voice! ;-) Thanks again!
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Welcome RayRay! Agreed on staying consistent with practice. I don't feel like practicing more than half the time, but will do it almost daily. After about 2min of the exercise I start to enjoy it and thank myself that I decided to practice that day. The winners are practicing especially when they don't feel like it!
  • Options
    Thanks, Michael! I appreciate the words. Yes, I understand the discipline necessary and sometimes I'm not sure I'm cut out for this but I love to sing along with songs, even if the paint begins to chip! ;-) I still have a dream or two regarding this process but we'll give it a good YEAR AT LEAST to see if I can't keep the paint on the walls! Thanks again and keep up the good work yourself! :-)
  • Options
    BeckieBeckie 3.0 Streaming Posts: 11
    Hey Ray,

It's nice to meet you. I myself have recetnly joined KTVA course, I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sure you don't peel the paint off the walls, but mo parents have always told me that 'I wouldn't be able to carry a tune even if I had handle bars' - This has always been said in a joking kind of way.

Please, belive in your self :)

Bye.
    Beckie
  • Options
    Thanks, Dear Beckie... You're an angel. I don't know that I peel paint... it's a way of staying humble... Maybe getting the paint to bubble? ;-) I'm glad there are other newish students to KTVA. I figure I'll give it a good year of training hard and see where I am at that point.

Best wishes to you and thanks for saying hello. I'm sure your tune carrying is way beyond handlebars... it's probably majestic in potential, no? ;-) You'll show them at some point, I have no doubt! :-)

Have a great day!

Ray