Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!

"Say Hello 2 Heaven" by Temple of the Dog

kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118

Comments

• DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hi @kworam :).

Thank you for sharing.
    I listened to it, and I like your tone! I think it has a big potential.

You did a good job. I feel like there were some issues with the pitch, and also when going up into the high notes you are bringing up too much weight without too much open space which makes you choke on the note, and go flat as well (sometimes you even get a rasp because of it). You do better on some parts where you release and switch to a mix/head voice.

I'd just practice the pitch and those high notes on more open vowels.

That said, your chest voice tone is great and it fits the song. Your vibrato also sounds really cool.

Keep it up!

• kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    edited November 2022
    Thanks @Diego , I really appreciate you listening to it and your detailed feedback!

I will work on the pitch issues. To make sure I work on the right notes, are you talking about the highest notes at the end of the song (the D5, E5 and G5s) or the high notes in the middle (G4, A4, B4)? I am aiming for a rock-n-roll distorted sound on some of the notes, but I sure don't want a raspy or unpleasant sound. I would appreciate it if you say which words in the lyrics you hear pitch or raspy issues with.

And thanks for your encouragement! I think you are a very gifted singer, and I really enjoyed your performance of "Don't Stop Believing"!
  • DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hi @kworam

I'm talking about notes such as at 1:18 (island) or 2:48 (love), 3:05 (hello), etc.

And thank you! I really appreciate you listening to my stuff :). Will always keep improving myself.
  • kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    @Diego thanks for giving me those details, I appreciate it. And I enjoy listening to you, you sound great!