Homeβ€Ί INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello! 😊

Hello All!

I can't believe I'm actually doing this! I love to sing, but frankly, I suck at it! I have been going through some of the free lessons and I already can see that I might actually be able to do this. I'm seriously thinking about buying the course. I'm a girl, but a lot of the time when I'm on the phone, people call me Sir, so I'm not sure how that's going to shake out with singing?? I've been wondering if I should be following the lessons for the guys since my voice is so deep.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and check out the vibe here! I look forward to any feedback and support I can get!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,359
    Hi, @Julie_Rodriguez

You may find that your lower voice is beneficial to getting a powerful lower part of your voice. You may also find that you can reach notes that are much higher than anything you've ever accessed before.

Many of us here would agree that when we first started we sounded bad, and wouldn't want anyone to hear us sound like that. Most would also probably agree that we have made big progress with our voices. It depends on what you put into the learning process as to what your own outcome will be. Having the right tools available is a big plus. Many of us here floundered around for a long time before finding Ken's program. Then we started making progress...

Everyone's voice is unique to a certain extent, and often it's a matter of discovery to see what an individual is capable of doing. Training can open up areas of the voice that were previously not known to each of us.

As to whether to do the male or female versions of the exercises, you should do the ones that are most comfortable for your voice. That might be the male version, the female version, or portions of each. Students with a lot of range may do most or all of both versions. Just don't strain your voice. Stretching is fine, straining is not. Everyone has limits. Most everyone can grow beyond those present limitations, often far beyond their initial expectations.

All the Best!

Bob
  • Options
    Julie_RodriguezJulie_Rodriguez 3.0 Streaming Posts: 2
    Hey @highmtn

Thank you so much for the feedback! I did it! I went ahead and bought the vocal lessons! I'm working my way through the intro stuff. My journey begins today! Next step, Upgrading my forum!

Best!

Julie
  • Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,359
    Good for you, Julie! You will learn a lot! We're all on a journey here, and it starts with the first steps!

Welcome!

Bob