Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Love on the Brain - Rihanna [Improved]

Hello everyone,

Last week I posted this song after having only attempted it a few times. Since then, I have practiced it and applied the feedback I was given by other members of the community.

Below is the latest version of me singing this song. I want to start performing this live. I posted it to my Instagram, which is a big step for me because I have always been self-conscious about my singing ability.

I'm looking for all feedback for how I can make this better. Thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jBSkEGQNwA&ab_channel=MichaelMusic

Tagging some great commenters:
@DannyOc3an
@bentk
@Wigs
@LindseyBean
@guychan
@Terence
@Vocality
@Maarten
@kworam

Comments

• MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    you can clearly hear that you've been practising. It's a lot better than the first take. although I must say there is still room for improvement on pitch here and there and some parts need some more confedence and volume. Keep on practising and you can nail this one!
    nice guitar by the way!
  • kworamkworam 3.0 Streaming Posts: 118
    edited January 2023
    @michaelmusic Overall, much better and stronger! Great rhythm on the guitar and in your singing. I think you are close to mastering the song. Here are my nitpicks on the vocals on a few lines, and they could be because you were getting tired:

Oh, and baby I'm fist fighting with fire -- sounded to me like you lacked support on this line
    Can we burn something, babe? -- sounded a little pitchy on "babe"
    Must be love on the brain yeah -- second time on that line, sounded like you lacked support
    Must be love on the brain yeah -- last time on that line, lacked support on 'brain'

Hope this helps!
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
    It was cool ! As Maarten said, just a bit of work to get more power, tone and confidence, some tweak on pitch and it will be great. ;)
  • michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 251
    @GuyChan and @Maarten when you say it lacked confidence I don't know how to correct that. Is it the vocal chords are not connecting and it's too breathy? I had genuine emotion and enjoyment when singing so it's not that. Is it me being scared to hit higher notes and not trusting my own ability?
  • GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 167
    Yes, I think it's not about the emotion of the song, but maybe lacking confidence in the technique itself. It means that your kinda withholded. Kinda timid. You know, it's not like your throwing it down, you know what I mean ?