Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum

Question regarding diet

I am doing vocal exercises after 2 weeks break because of my exams which ended two days ago.in those two weeks I started to move toward more ketogenic diet which is very difficult for a guy like me because I am so used to eating foods with high amount of carbs for past many years so this is you can say a big change for my stomach. Even after eating alot of vegetables and other foods with less carbs before singing my belly seems very tensed and I have urge to eat more.This wasn't happening before when I eat a high amount of carb food 1 and half hour before singing .It was important for me to change my diet because of my health .will it take some time to get used to ketogenic diet?It is affecting my singing practice routine very badly. any suggestions? @Wigs

Comments

• Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi, it will take time to adjust to a new diet. give it some time. i guess it will get better after a while. don't exert yourself too much in the transition period, get used to the new feeling first. be gentle and don't force anything. also, you might need to do adjustments to the new diet, it might be that there is some tweaking necessary too
  • PhMarnePhMarne 2.0 PRO Posts: 201
    edited March 2023
    Keto diets work but they will kill you if you include rebounds while suffering from diabetes - so you'd better take medical advice if you haven't already
    Some keto diets include rebounds, ie regular high calories meals, so that your metabolism does not stay in stale mode
    With that said, as stated by @Klaus_T, your body will need time to adjust to the diet
    It also needs time and practice to embed the singing habits the course teaches you
    Lastly, your high cal cheat meals may induce acid reflux, so you'd better monitor this too, so as to avoid singing while under the effect of this potential reflux
    To patience, and to your singing,
    Cheers!